GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
Data Protection Policy including GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was introduced on 25th May 2018.
The GDPR affects the way that schools process people's personal data. Its overall aim is to make sure that people's sensitive data is kept safe and secure. This replaces the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our DPO can be contacted via school telephone number or emailing:
In order to prepare and meet the new requirements, the school has a working group of Senior Leaders and Governors who will have done the following by 25th May:
- Appointed DPO and published their contact details on the school website.
- Informed the ICO of the DPO for the school and how to contact them.
- Written a privacy statement for the school so it is in line with the GDPR requirements.
- Requested privacy statements from all companies we use as data processors.
- Trained all staff and governors in school about the GDPR.
- Begun to review and monitor our systems in school to demonstrate compliance.
- Add GDPR as a standing item on our termly governing body meeting.