At Stanley Grove Primary we believe that the practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the opportunity of practising sport, without discrimination of any kind in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.
Intent for this subject:
- All children must be given the opportunity to practice all areas of sport with support from their peers and adults.
- All children are able to say with confidence what they are good at and what they need to do to improve.
- All children acquire and develop a broad range of skills to enable them to be able to take part in a range of individual and team games with confidence.
- All children are physical activity for a sustained period of time.
- All children will be educated so that they can make informed decisions towards leading a healthy and active lifestyle.