Remembering St Peters Church
Stanley St Peter's Church had been on the Stanley landscape since 1822. It was a grade 2 listed building due to the double towers. In 2014, the church was demolished. Every child in school went to say farewell and hear about it's history. Lots of parents and grandparents had been christened or married in the church so it was important to us to say goodbye.
School have some of the stones in our wildlife area as a permanent reminder.
The church continues to thrive in our community in their new premises and we continue to value their contribution to our assemblies and celebrations in school.